EasyPlan Financial Services is committed to client service and this policy outlines our ongoing obligations to you in respect of how we manage your Personal Information.
We have adopted the 10 National Privacy Principles (NPPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988. The NPPs came into effect on 21 December 2001. The NPPs govern the way in which we collect, use, disclose, store, secure and dispose of your personal information.
A copy of the National Privacy Principles may be obtained from the website of The Office of the Federal Privacy Commissioner at www.privacy.gov.au.
What is Personal Information and why do we collect it?
Personal information is information or an opinion that identifies an individual.
We collect your personal information for the primary purpose of providing our services to you, providing information to our clients and marketing. We may also use your personal information for secondary purposes closely related to the primary purpose, in circumstances where you would reasonably expect such use or disclosure. You may unsubscribe from our mailing/marketing lists at any time; all you need to do is let us know via emailing us at contact@EasyPlan.com.au and providing your email address.
When we collect personal information we will, where appropriate and where possible, explain to you why we are collecting the information and how we plan to use it.
Sensitive information is defined in the Privacy Act to include information or opinion about such things as an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious or philosophical beliefs, membership of a trade union or other professional body, criminal record or health information.
Sensitive information will be used by us only:
- for the primary purpose for which it was obtained;
- for a secondary purpose that is directly related to the primary purpose;
- with your consent; or where required or authorised by law.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Your personal information may be disclosed in a number of circumstances including the following:
- third parties where you consent to the use or disclosure; and
- where required or authorised by law.
The Google Analytics features we’ve implemented based on Display Advertising (e.g., Remarketing, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, the DoubleClick Campaign Manager integration, or Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting).
- Using the Ads Settings, visitors can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads.
- We also encourage you to view Google Analytics’ currently available opt-outs for the web.
We also use Remarketing with Google Analytics to advertise online.
- Third-party vendors, including Google, may show our ads on sites across the Internet.
- You and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on someone’s past visits to our website.
- We also use data from Google’s Interest-based advertising and 3rd-party audience data (such as age, gender, and interests) with Google Analytics to improve our website and user experience based on visitor trends to our website.
Security of Personal Information
Your Personal Information is stored in a manner that reasonably protects it from misuse and loss and from unauthorized access, modification or disclosure.
When your personal information is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was obtained, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your personal information.
Access to your Personal Information
NPP 6 provides you with the right to access the personal information we hold about you and to update and/or correct it, subject to certain exceptions. If you wish to access your personal information, please make out your request to us in writing.
EasyPlan Financial Services will not charge any fee for your access request, but may charge an administrative fee for providing a copy of your personal information.
In order to protect your personal information, we may require identification from you before releasing such information.
Maintaining the Quality of your Personal Information
It is an important part of providing our services to you that your personal information is up to date. NPP 3 provides that we take reasonable steps to make sure that your personal information is accurate, complete and up-to-date (i.e. email address and phone number).
It is important that you advise us at the earliest opportunity of any changes to your personal information so that our records can be updated.
This Policy may change from time to time.